Sunday, November 6, 2011

Module 5: Static versus Dynamic Technologies Concept Map

Based on my philosophy of distance education I believe that I am in the middle of the static and dynamic contiuum. Because I am a person who enjoys integrating various forms of technology into my daily life (personally, academically, and professionally), I feel very comfortable using both static and dynamic forms of media and technologies to communicate, collaborate, and receive information. I feel that this Walden program is pushing me to use more dynamic media. For instance, prior to beginning this program, I’d never created or used a wiki or blog. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn how to use these technologies, and see how it assists in communication and collaboration with my cohorts and the instructor. And as I mentioned in another blog, the fact that these tools are free makes it all the more better.

Here is some additional information that I located in reference to media and technology being used in distance education:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    One would think that you have been using technology for a while. In your videos on youtube you created look very professional. I hope mine turn out as satisfying as yours. What are some ways that you feel comfortable in introducing new innovations to an online class.
    Brigit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica;thanks for listing additional resources as I have found them useful and informational; I concur that these regimented requirements drive the student and learning community towards a higher comfort level of the technology and ultimately creates a more dynamic event. Looking forward to the video.
    David

    ReplyDelete